Damp, musty or moldy smell in your basement? Smell like a pair of old socks?
Can you see mold on your walls or surfaces? In your cheese sandwiches?
In fact it's no laughing matter and at AquaTight Basements we take it very seriously.
You could be breathing mould spores that can be dangerous to your health and the health of your family and pets.
Molds can cause reactions, irritants and in some cases potentially toxic substances mycotoxins.
In sensitive individuals touching or breathing in mold spores can cause allergic reactions.
Mold can also trigger asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold.
Call AquaTight Basements and make an appointment for your free inspection at your home in Halifax, The Valley or elsewhere in Nova Scotia.
A wet or moist basement is a breeding ground for molds.
We pinpoint areas of mold growth and eliminate the problem through a two-step process.
AquaTight Basements certified inspectors will perform a wide range of tests using the most advanced equipment and technologies.
The air quality of your home will be assessed for the presence of allergenic and toxic molds.
Then we will determine the levels that exist in various rooms.
We then restore your indoor environment to a healthy condition with basement waterproofing that eliminates the sources of moisture.
Mold spores will be removed or neutralized through a combination of HEPA vacuums, air scrubbers, fungicides and containment techniques.
Our processes are completely safe, and represent the state-of-the-art in mold remediation processes.